Powersurf

Sunday, July 31, 2005

Virtual Guide Book

There's an new gadget set to come out that sounds pretty freaking rad. Basically it uses a video screen and GPS locating technology to deliver information to you as you walk around various areas. For example :

"I move 50 feet towards some flowerbeds and... ping! I'm urged to look up at the fourth window from the left where the 19th-century stunner Emily Smythe - "the most beautiful woman in the West of England!" - once gazed from her bedroom at the rural landscape stretching to the city.

The screen shows me her picture. It tells me that men used to swoon at the sight of her. It shows me her bedroom.

I walk to the front of the building. Ping! I learn that the writer CS Lewis was a patient here during the First World War, when this became a military hospital."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home